1. Honey has important Nutrients
Honey, which is a sweet thick liquid contains bioactive plant compounds and antioxidants. High Quality honey especially has very important
antioxidants which include organic acids, and flavonoids. Scientists are theorizing that the combination of these compounds are what gives
honey its great antioxidant power.
Antioxidants reduce heart attacks, strokes and some cancer types while promoting the health of your eyes.
2. Honey is better than sugar for diabetics, but it does not mean that it helps diabetics
Honey can reduce a lot of risk factors for heart disease common in people with diabetes type 2. It can lower bad LDL cholesterol, inflammation,
triglycerides and also raise good HDL cholesterol.
Still you need to consume honey with caution as a diabetic because honey contains sugar and if you eat a lot of it you risk hurting yourself.
Some honey even have artificial sugar so diabetics must especially be careful around this!
3. Honey helps coughs and allergies
Since Honey has anti-inflammatory effects this gives it the ability to reduce coughs and also reduce allergy symptoms. However there is still no
clinical study proving that it reduces allergies. The fact that it helps in reducing coughs and has an anti-inflammatory effect is what makes
scientists and doctors believe that it has the ability to reduce allergy symptoms.
4. Honey aids in boosting your memory
Due to honeys antioxidants, honey may have the ability to prevent cellular damage and loss within the brain. In 2011 there was a study published
in Menopause which found that having a spoonful of honey daily may boost postmenopausal women's memory.
Honey also has the ability to absorb calcium which helps in aiding brain health.
With SME9ja you can find delicious authentic honey from the following businesses:
1. Jovis Local Food: They sell wild organic honey in 35 cl, 50cl and 1 Litre for 1000 Naira, 1,500 Naira and 3,000 Naira respectively.
2. Mr. Honey Multiventures: Here you can find Mr. Honey's Honey Small, Medium and Big for 800 Naira, 1,500 Naira, and 2,800 Naira respectively.
3. Rutej Farms: Rutej sells Honey Small Size, and Honey 1 Litre for 1,500 Naira and 2,800 Naira respectively.
4. HoneyDrops Cupcake and More: Here you can find tastey doughnuts that contain honey for 500 Naira. You can also get a pack of doughnuts for 1,500 Naira!
Copyright © 2018 SME9ja. All Rights are Reserved.